Reservations & Waitlist
While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and are often sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification. Please reply to the email immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
You may call the studio at any time prior to the start of class to check your waitlist status if you do not have automatic email access.
Cancellations & No-shows
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or call the studio at least one hour before class to avoid being charged for a no-show.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, you will lose a day in your billing cycle for a no-show.
- Remember: failing to cancel at least one hour before class begins will count as a no-show.
- Please note weekend classes have a different policy. You may cancel online or by phone up until 12 hours before the start of class to avoid penalty.
Late Arrival to Class
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is required for all brand new students to the Santa Clara studio.
- Returning students may enter an ongoing class up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class. You must be in the exercise studio room no later than 10 minutes after the start of class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase trademarked Bar Method socks with sticky grips for $12+tax at the studio. Be sure to bring a water bottle that has a lid as we do not provide water cups for our filtered water. You can also purchase a water bottle at the studio if you prefer.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios.
- Clear water is the only beverage allowed in the exercise studio. No added powders to water is allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. Store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels and bath towels are available outside of the studio room and in the locker room area. Please leave your soiled towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- We recommend eating something light 1-2 hours before class to provide energy to sustain your body through the intensity of class.
- First-time students who are pregnant must take at least 5 half classes and meet with an instructor to go over modifications before joining the regular class.
- New and continuing pregnant students must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- Refer to Pregnant Or Post Natal for detailed modification information.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 15 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. This allows our instructors to better cater to your needs and provide proper modifications specific to your condition.
- In some cases, a doctors note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
- To attain the best results, and avoid any injuries in class due to poor form, we do not allow clients to take class more than once per day, with the exception of the first class of the day (6am), and the last class in the evening (6:45pm).
Unfortunately our studio does not offer any childcare services. We do not allow any persons (children included) to wait in the reception area while their parent or guardian takes class. For your child’s safety please find appropriate childcare before coming to the studio. Thank you!
A 30-day cancellation notice is required for ending your Monthly Unlimited Auto-Renew membership, Student membership, and Corporate Membership.
- Please email the studio to terminate your membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no pro-ration in Monthly Unlimited Auto-Renew.
- Once your membership is cancelled, you can no longer place a hold on your account.
As a Monthly Unlimited Auto-Renew Member you have the benefit of freezing your account at any time for a $25 hold fee. Each hold is a separate charge (max 2 holds per year) however you will not be billed during that time. To suspend your account you must email the studio at email@example.com with your approximate dates. Please note maximum duration for a membership hold is 60 days. Once your membership is terminated, you can no longer place a hold on your account.